DMX Airflow is a patented underlayment for use under all types of flooring. It is the quietest underlayment in the market and has an air gap design that promotes airflow under your floors to evaporate mold causing moisture. You can install laminate flooring, luxury vinyl planks and carpet directly on DMX Airflow, NO NEED for expensive plywood or OSB subfloors.
Features and Benefits
DMX Airflow™ outperforms every other underlayment and subfloor product in the market. Here’s why:
- Space age foam on BOTH sides makes your floors cozy and comfortable
- Air gap design evaporates mold and mildew under your floors
- You can lay Laminates, Engineered Hardwood, LVT (Allure Plus only), WPC and SPC Vinyl Planks (5mm or thicker) or Carpet directly on top of DMX Airflow™, NO OSB or Plywood required
- Simple, fast and easy to install – no special tools required
- Low profile means that you do not have to re-adjust the heights of your doors and stairs
- 100% Waterproof on ALL sides
- Complete moisture-proof seals at the joints with DMX Vapor Tape™
- Does NOT require a complicated moisture test of the concrete prior to installation as required by traditional foam underlayments
- Foam on both sides of membrane insulate your floors from the cold
- Crush Resistant – Compressive Strength 8,250 Lbs. Sq./Ft.
- 50-Year Warranty – Best in the Industry
What is DMX Airflow™?
Steve’s first interview with Gary Sullivan:
Steve’s second interview with Gary Sullivan:
Video 1 of 4 videos
Using DMX Airflow™ with Carpet
Video 2 of 4 videos
Carpet Installation using DMX Airflow™
Video 3 of 4 videos
DMX Airflow™ Installation Video
Video 4 of 4 videos
|Length||29 feet / 8.8m|
|Width||42" / 1.07m|
|Dimple Height||1/6" / 4mm|
|Weight||12lbs / 5.4kg|
|Coverage||100 sq.ft. / 9.3m2|
|Compressive Strength||8250 lb / sq.ft.|
*Information obtained on January 7, 2016, as per retail pricing at a major coast-to-coast, big-box retailer. Information may vary from area to area. Prices in American Dollars.
**Numbers based on laboratory testing.
***Numbers retrieved from the manufacturer’s web site.
****Foam on one side.
What is the compressive strength of DMX Airflow™?
The compressive strength of DMX Airflow™ is 8,250 lbs/sq.ft or 56 psi, which means the dimples can support weight and maintain an air gap up to that load
Will the dimples in DMX Airflow™ compress over time?
As long as you don’t exceed the ultimate compressive strength of the material – 8,250 pounds per square foot – the dimples will not get damaged. They will stay their current shape. DMX Airflow™ is warranted for 50 years
Will I have a problem if I want to put heavy furniture or a pool table on top of DMX Airflow™?
Heavy furniture, including pool tables, can be placed over DMX Airflow as long as weight distribution is less than 8,250 lbs/sq.ft or 56 psi.
Is it waterproof on both sides?
Yes DMX Airflow™ is completely waterproof on both the top and bottom sides of the membrane
If I have water damage from a leak, can I re-use DMX Airflow™?
Absolutely, just clean off the dirt and re-use. You will, however, require DMX Airflow™ Vapor Tape to re-seal the seams.
Can I lay laminate floor and engineering floors on it? Do I need to lay plywood or OSB in between?
You can lay laminate floors directly on top of DMX Airflow™, you do NOT require OSB or plywood in between
Why do I have to leave a ¼” gap around the perimeter of the room?
The ¼” gap allows the moisture a route to evaporate
Will the moisture not get into my stud walls?
No it will not, because stud wall are normally protected by tar paper or a vapor barrier of 6 mil poly
Can I lay DMX Airflow™ in every room of the house?
Yes, DMX Airflow™ has been designed to be laid in every room of the house, because mold and mildew can grow anywhere in the house
Do I need to lay 6 mil vapor barrier under or on top of DMX Airflow?
No, we do not recommend 6 mil Poly under or on top of DMX Airflow™.
Can I lay down WPC or SPC vinyl planks directly on top of DMX Airflow™? Do I need to put a layer of plywood or OSB in between?
Yes you can lay down WPC or SPC vinyl planks directly on top of DMX Airflow™, and plywood/OSB is NOT required in between as long as the load distribution of the furniture or cabinets do not exceed 8,250 lbs/sq.ft or 56 psi.